Keith Richards described Lou Pallo as, “The Man of a Million Chords.” Lou was an incredibly accomplished guitarist who recorded and performed with countless world-renowned musicians. He was a dear friend of the Rockit Live Foundation and guiding mentor to Rockit students.
Gibson Gives and the Rockit Live Foundation have established a scholarship in Lou Pallo’s name for guitarists. Guitarists selected to receive the Gibson Lou Pallo Scholarship receive a Gibson guitar and one year enrollment in Rockit Academy (private guitar instruction, band rehearsals and live performances).
Gibson Gives and Rockit Live Foundation are honored to keep the spirit of Lou Pallo alive in our hearts while offering the opportunity for young musicians to follow their passion in music education.
About Gibson Gives
For over 130 years, the iconic, and leading American instrument brand Gibson has been shaping sound across generations and genres. Gibson, and its charitable arm Gibson Gives believe in the power of music, and that getting instruments into the hands of those with a desire to make music is a life-changing event. Gibson Gives–a 501(c)(3) is committed to making the world a better place by supporting non-profit organizations in their efforts to advance musicians, youth-focused education, music, health, and wellness initiatives. 100% of all donations to and from Gibson Gives go towards giving the gift of music. In the last three years, Gibson Gives has raised over $4.5 million dollars and enabled $46 million in funding for key organizations through product donations and meaningful giving worldwide. Gibson Gives believes investing in music education will yield better people, better leaders, and a better world. For more information, visit: www.gibsongives.org.
The first recipient of the Gibson Lou Pallo Scholarship, Sebastian De la Cruz, shown here performing with the legendary Ricky Byrd, reflected that “…playing that Les Paul for the first time took me straight off my feet, I couldn’t believe it. It’s a milestone and an honor that I will never forget. One of many I’ve had in Rockit.”
2024 Gibson Lou Pallo Scholarship Information
- Gibson Gives is awarding one year’s enrollment in Rockit Academy in the form of a $5,000 cash grant paid directly to Rockit Live Foundation to offset tuition. Enrollment includes private guitar instruction, band rehearsals and live performances.
- Recipient will also receive a Gibson guitar.
- The combined value of this scholarship is worth up to $7,500.
- Rockit Live Foundation has the right to hold or terminate a scholarship student’s activity in the program based on lack of commitment, progress, or performance.
2024 Gibson Lou Pallo Scholarship Application
This scholarship application must be submitted with the audition application. Applications Will not be reviewed unless both are submitted. Click here for audition application.
- Deadline for the Gibson Lou Pallo Scholarship Application is five days prior to auditions.
- The Gibson Lou Pallo Scholarship recipient will be selected by a committee which includes Rockit staff and Gibson Gives representatives.
- The Gibson Lou Pallo Scholarship recipient will be announced at the Rockit Academy Fall 2023 concert on Sunday, November 19, 2023 at the House of Independents.
- Guitarists may choose to apply for the Gibson Lou Pallo Scholarship as well as the Rockit Live Foundation Scholarship. If you want to be considered for both scholarships, you must submit both scholarship applications.
- Please direct any questions to email@example.com
All Scholarship Applicants Must Submit the Following:
- A completed 2023 Audition Application.
- Essay 1: Explain how music has changed or impacted your life.
- Essay 2: How will you carry on the giving spirit and mentorship of Lou Pallo in your guitar studies with Rockit Academy?
- Please note: Your audition will be recorded and evaluated by the selection committee as a part of the scholarship application review.