Rockit Academy 2023 Spring & Summer Session
The Rockit Academy is New Jersey’s #1 Live Music Education program for young musicians. The Rockit Live Foundation is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization, whose mission is to help develop, nurture, and inspire young musicians to reach their full artistic potential through music education offered in partnership with Brookdale Community College in Lincroft, NJ. The foundation’s defining focus is outreach, music education, scholarships, and to reach all aspiring artists at every level of economic status. The Rockit Live Foundation also endeavors to build character as well as talent, instilling confidence and team skills, with an emphasis on community service. We welcome all instruments and encourage all young musicians to enroll in our collaborative program. Audition and orientation class are required to participate in group band class. Spring session classes are 90 minutes long and run eight weeks. Space is limited. Auditions: April 1st. Concert: June 25th. For more information, please visit www.rockitacademy.org
Audition Requirements and Procedure:
Level 1: Ages 8-18 (high school seniors),
Level 2: Brookdale Community College Students
Offering an eight-week program, complete with group lessons and private instruction led by our professional team and celebrity mentors.
- All students will study in group instruction with Rockit instructors for eight weeks.
- Continued participation in the program is contingent on enrollment in private instruction with the Rockit Academy.
- All Rockit Academy auditions will be in person on Brookdale Community College Campus unless other arrangements have been worked out.
- Students must perform a TWO-THREE-minute selection that best represents their style and ability. Vocalists are encouraged to sing karaoke, musical accompaniment or acapella. Singing with a prerecorded track with vocals is not permitted. All other musicians are encouraged to play along with a track but may also audition solo. Guitar solos are not required but helpful in band placement. No Medleys please.
- Attendance is mandatory for all rehearsals unless extenuating circumstances should occur. Students are also required to perform in the end-of-semester concert, unless not enrolled in band class.
- SCHOLARSHIPS: You may submit a Scholarship Application here: Scholarship Application.
All students must comply with these guidelines and entrance to the program is based on their audition performance. Participation in past Rockit sessions does not guarantee placement. The above-noted requirements are necessary to ensure that each student enrolled in the program has a positive learning and educational experience.
April 1st WILL SERVE AS AN AUDITION DATE FOR BOTH SPRING AND SUMMER 2023 SESSIONS. Please indicate on the Audition application whether you are participating in one or both sessions. Students applying for both spring and summer must have been studying with Rockit Academy at least one year.
Spring session only, $25 up to two instruments, due with application. Additional $10 fee per additional instrument.
Summer session only, $25 up to two instruments, due with application. Additional $10 fee per additional instrument.
Both Spring & Summer sessions, $40 up to two instruments, due with application. Additional $10 fee per additional instrument.
Spring Program Fee: $480.00 (due April 15th) Includes eight 90-minute private band rehearsals.
Summer Program Fee: $450.00 (due June 30th) Includes six 90-minute private band rehearsals.
Private Instruction: $250 due the first of each month, includes one-hour weekly private instruction.
Scheduled 8 week program dates for Spring session on one of the following days:
Auditions: Saturday April 1st, 10am-4pm assigned
Orientation: Saturday, April 22nd, 11:00am
Rehearsals: Accepted students will be assigned to one 90-minute band and/or vocal rehearsal timeslot 4pm, 5:30pm or 7:00pm on either a Tues, Wed, Thurs, Fri or Saturday between 10am-5:00pm. The rehearsal schedule dates for this session are as follows:
Tuesdays: May 2, 9, 16, 23, 30: June 6, 13, 20
Wednesdays: May 3, 10, 17, 24, 31: June 7, 14, 21
Thursdays: May 4, 11, 18, 25: June 1, 8, 15, 22
Fridays: May 5, 12, 19, 26: June 2, 9, 16, 23
Saturdays: May 6, 13, 20, 27: June 3, 10, 17, 24
Concert: June 25th 5pm, House of Independents
Scheduled 6 week program dates for Summer session on one of the following days:
Tuesdays: July 11, 18, 25: August 1, 8, 15
Wednesdays: July 12, 19, 26: August 2, 9, 16
Thursdays: July 13, 20, 27: August 3, 10, 17
Fridays: July 14, 21, 28: August 4, 11, 18
Saturdays: July 15, 22, 29: August 5, 12, 19
Concert: August 20th 5pm, House of Independents
CLICK HERE TO REGISTER FOR YOUR AUDITION NOW
A confirmation email will be sent to confirm receipt of audition form and timeslot for student. Audition applications must be submitted by Friday, March 31st. You will be notified of your audition results by Friday, April 7th.