Rockit Academy 2022 Summer Session
The Rockit Academy is New Jersey’s premier Live Music Education program for young musicians. The Rockit Live Foundation is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization, whose mission is to help develop, nurture, and inspire young musicians to reach their full artistic potential through music education offered in partnership with Brookdale Community College in Lincroft, NJ. The foundation’s defining focus is outreach, music education, scholarships, and to reach all aspiring artists at every level of economic status. The Rockit Live Foundation also endeavors to build character as well as talent, instilling confidence and team skills, with an emphasis on community service. We welcome all instruments and encourage all young musicians to enroll in our collaborative program. Audition and orientation class are required to participate in group band class. Spring session classes are 90 minutes long and run six weeks. Space is limited. Auditions: June 25th. Upcoming concert: August 14th. For more information, please visit www.rockitacademy.org
Audition Requirements and Procedure:
Level 1: Ages 8-18 (high school seniors),
Level 2: Brookdale Community College Students
Offering a six-week program, complete with group lessons and private instruction led by our professional team and celebrity mentors.
- All students will study in group instruction with Rockit instructors for six weeks.
- Continued participation in the program is contingent on enrollment in private instruction with the Rockit Academy.
- All Rockit Academy auditions will be in person on Brookdale Community College Campus unless other arrangements have been worked out.
- Students must perform a TWO-THREE-minute selection that best represents their style and ability. Vocalists are encouraged to sing karaoke, musical accompaniment or acapella. Singing with a prerecorded track with vocals is not permitted. All other musicians are encouraged to play along with a track but may also audition solo. Guitar solos are not required but helpful in band placement. No Medleys please.
- Attendance is mandatory for all rehearsals unless extenuating circumstances should occur. Students are also required to perform in the end-of-semester concert, unless not enrolled in band class.
- SCHOLARSHIPS: Page two of this application offers an option to submit a Scholarship Application.
All students must comply with these guidelines and entrance to the program is based on their audition performance. Participation in past Rockit sessions does not guarantee placement. The above-noted requirements are necessary to ensure that each student enrolled in the program has a positive learning and educational experience.
Audition Fee: $20, up to two instruments, due with application. Additional $10 fee per additional instrument.
Program Fee: $400.00 Includes six 90-minute private band rehearsals. Session fee will be due upon acceptance.
Private Instruction: $250 due the first of each month, includes one-hour weekly private instruction.
Scheduled program dates:
Auditions: Saturday June 25th, 10am-4pm assigned
Orientation: Saturday, July 2nd, 11:00am for new students only.
Rehearsals: Accepted students will be assigned to one 90-minute band and/or vocal rehearsal timeslot 4pm, 5:30pm or 7:00pm on either a Tues, Wed, Thurs, Fri or Saturday between 10am-5:00pm. The rehearsal schedule dates for this session are as follows:
Tuesdays: July 5, 12, 19, 26: August 2, 9
Wednesdays: July 6, 13, 20, 27: August 3, 10
Thursdays: July 7, 14, 21, 28: August 4, 11
Fridays: July 8, 15, 22, 29: August 5, 12
Saturdays: July 9, 16, 23, 30: August 6, 13
Concert: August 14th 5pm, House of Independents