Rockit Academy 2021 Winter Session
The Rockit Academy is New Jersey’s premier Live Music Education program for young musicians. The Rockit Live Foundation is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization, whose mission is to help develop, nurture, and inspire young musicians to reach their full artistic potential through music education offered in partnership with Brookdale Community College in Lincroft, NJ. The foundation’s defining focus is outreach, music education, scholarships, and to reach all aspiring artists at every level of economic status. The Rockit Live Foundation also endeavors to build character as well as talent, instilling confidence and team skills, with an emphasis on community service. We welcome all instruments and encourage all young musicians to enroll in our collaborative program. Audition and orientation class are required to participate in group band class. Fall session classes are 90 minutes long and run eight weeks. Space is limited. Upcoming concert: Saturday, March 27th, 1pm, Livestream on Facebook. For more information, please visit www.rockitacademy.org
Audition Requirements and Procedure:
Level 1: Ages 8-18 (high school seniors),
Level 2: Brookdale Community College Students
Offering an eight-week program, complete with group lessons and private instruction led by our professional team and celebrity mentors.
- All students will study in group instruction with Rockit instructors for eight weeks.
- Continued participation in the program is contingent on enrollment in private instruction with the Rockit Academy.
- All Rockit Academy auditions will be performed virtually through Zoom. Each student will log in at their assigned time and audition live from their home or other location. We intend to have a brief conversation with you as we normally do at auditions. For those not equipped for a live audition, specifically drummers, you may record your audition and send to us by January 8th at the latest. We will then play video at your assigned audition time and discuss with you. All other musicians are expected to audition live for us through Zoom. Once everyone has auditioned and we review updated guidelines from the CDC and State of NJ, we will then follow up with all students.
- Students must perform a TWO-THREE-minute selection that best represents their style and ability. Vocalists are encouraged to sing karaoke, musical accompaniment or acapella. Singing with a prerecorded track with vocals is not permitted. All other musicians are encouraged to play along with a track but may also audition solo. Guitar solos are not required but helpful in band placement. No Medleys please.
- Pending approval from Brookdale Community College, the CDC, and State of New Jersey, we will arrange for indoor rehearsals in our current rehearsal space where social instancing will be at least 8 feet between students and barriers for vocalists. Masks will be worn and the equipment will be sanitized between each group of students rehearsing at their assigned time. The livestream concert is expected to occur outdoors in a similar format to our summer performance but may livestream from the Brookdale Performing Arts Center . Updates will be made, if necessary, to accommodate for Brookdale, CDC and NJ guidelines.
- Attendance is mandatory for all rehearsals unless extenuating circumstances should occur. Students are also required to perform in the end-of-semester concert, unless not enrolled in band class.
- SCHOLARSHIPS: Page two of this application offers an option to submit a Scholarship Application.
All students must comply with these guidelines and entrance to the program is based on their audition performance. Participation in past Rockit sessions does not guarantee placement. The above-noted requirements are necessary to ensure that each student enrolled in the program has a positive learning and educational experience.
Audition Fee: $20, up to two instruments, due with application. Additional $10 fee per additional instrument.
Program Fee: $460.00 Includes eight 90-minute private band rehearsals. Session fee will be due upon acceptance and after NJ State and CDC guidelines have been confirmed.
Private Instruction: $250 due the first of each month, includes one-hour weekly private instruction.
Scheduled program dates:
Auditions: Saturday, January 9th,10am-6pm assigned online Zoom conference
Orientation: Saturday, January 30th, 11:00am online Zoom Conference
Rehearsals: Accepted students will be assigned to one 90-minute band rehearsal time slot 4pm, 5:30pm or 7pm on either a Tues, Wed, Thurs, Fri or Saturday between 10am-4:30pm.
The rehearsal schedule dates for this session are as follows:
Tuesdays: February 2, 9, 16, 23: March 2, 9, 16, 23
Wednesdays: February 3, 10, 17, 24: March 3, 10, 17, 24
Thursdays: February 4, 11, 18, 25: March 4, 11, 18, 25
Fridays: February 5, 12, 19, 26: March 5, 12, 19, 26
Saturdays: February 6, 13, 20, 27: March 6, 13, 20 & Monday March 22nd or Friday 26th
Concert: Saturday, March 27th, Livestream on Facebook