Audition Requirements and Procedure – Ages 8-18:
- All students must be currently studying with an instructor or a self taught master of music.
- Students must perform a TWO-THREE minute selection that best represents their style and ability. Vocalists are encouraged to sing karaoke, musical accompaniment or acapella. Singing with a prerecorded track with vocals is not permitted. All other musicians are encouraged to play along with a track but may also audition solo. Guitar solos are not required but helpful in band placement. No Medleys please. If planning to audition with KARAOKE or a TRACK, please submit your audition song in MP3 format to email@example.com. No links please!
- Students are expected to bring their own guitars, straps, drum sticks, brass and string instruments. All other equipment is provided, including cables and a full pedal board for guitarists.
- Students must attend all rehearsals unless extenuating circumstances should occur & must perform in the end-of-session concert.
- If your child meets the requirements and is interested in joining the Rockit Academy, please complete the application and return with audition fee payable to Rockit Live Foundation and mail to Rockit, P.O. Box 4237, Middletown, NJ 07748. You will be notified of your child’s audition time once the application is in.
- All students must comply with these guidelines and entrance to the program is based on their audition performance. Participation in past Rockit sessions does not guarantee placement.
2020 applications available soon.
Due with application made payable to Rockit Live Foundation.
Refer all questions to (732) 673-2589 or firstname.lastname@example.org.